Financial Agreement Review Service
The Family Law Act requires each party to the agreement to receive independent legal advice as to the advantages and disadvantages of entering into the Agreement.
Before your financial agreement becomes legally binding it must contain
- A statement in the body of the agreement by the parties to the effect that they have received legal advice independent of each other and
- A certificate from the legal adviser that the advice has been provided.
This prevents either party from arguing that, when signing the agreement, they did not understand what they were signing or the consequences thereof.
With this in mind we have negotiated a reduced rate for our customers with several independent, nationally licensed lawyers who can provide the required advice by telephone and e-mail.
What does this mean for you?
Our Agreement review service assists you to complete your financial agreement properly, meeting the requirements of the Act, with a minimum of fuss and expense.
"Fabulous service. We are very happy with the result and just how effortlessly it was achieved. Thank you."
You can view a Flow Chart on how the Review Service works HERE
The steps involved are fairly simple.
- Purchase and download the financial agreement kit.
- Draft your own agreement, referencing the manual and sample agreements supplied.
- When both parties are happy that the agreement achieves their aims, e-mail your draft for distribution to our panel of lawyers.
- If accepted for the Basic Fee, we will provided a special link so you can purchase the Financial Agreement Doc Review Service.
- Each party is contacted by an independent qualified Australian Lawyer by e-mail and telephone to set up a convenient time to review your agreement, make any minor amendments necessary and ensure the document is compliant with the requirements of the Act.
- Once you have spoken with your lawyer and any issues resolved, hard copies of the final agreement, a letter of advice, and the original certificates are sent to you, express post.
- Clients are then free to sign the agreement in front of a witness. One party keeps the original and the other keeps a copy.
Collaborating with your spouse to reach and draft your agreement is a fresh approach to resolving issues that may arise when a relationship ends.
Reaching agreement in a non-combative atmosphere minimises costs, empowers the parties and reduces stress.
Our Lawyers understand that both parties have spent considerable time negotiating a mutually acceptable agreement and they simply need the added security and guidance of good legal advice.
The lawyers are not required to advise their clients in favour of or against signing an Agreement (particularly if the clients themselves are satisfied with it). Rather it is their duty to provide their clients with all such independent legal advice as is required to ensure that their consent to the Agreement is “fully informed”.
"I just wanted to compliment you on your service and say that you delivered a swift and professional service and provided a solution within a very short time period. You managed the process and both solicitors were also professional and prompt.
Thanks again, I have no hesitation in using your services again". Kind regards Fiona
A fixed price means a fixed level of service and in the majority cases, the agreements based on our templates are reletivley straightforward. However if your situation is particularly complicated additional costs may be involved.
Should you require more information please feel free to contact us via this contact form and if your situation means a different fee we will explain why.
"Your service made the whole process very easy. My solicitor contacted me promptly and thanks to the thoroughness of your samples there was little to discuss with him.
Thanks for your help". Karen
"I recently purchased a document review service. I just wanted to say how pleased I was with the services of rpemery .
In an age where time is a precious commodity your services fill the gap brilliantly .
After I purchased the ag-90UC binding financial agreement document I was updated at every step through regular emails.
What attracted me was all the work was already done for the client,all we had to do was to add our personal details.
I cannot recommend the document review service highly enough. Again financially it was very competitive,and all to the letter of the law.
Finally the communication through phone inquiries was always received in a pleasant and friendly manner.
A big thank you and I wish you even more future success